Michael graduated from the University of Canterbury in 2013 with a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts (Political Science). He joined Saunders Robinson Brown as a solicitor in February 2014 having previously worked for a Timaru law firm.
Michael specialises in commercial property transactions and development, subdivisions, leasing, business sales and purchases and construction matters.
Some of Michael's recent work includes:
- Advising home owners regarding the terms of various residential building contracts
- Assisting a major commercial client in the acquisition and financing of restaurant franchises
- Completing due diligence for land acquisitions, and related financing, for major property developer clients
- Various Unit Title and Fee Simple subdivisions
- Advising SME’s regarding Corporate structures and capital raising ventures
- Assisting with all aspects of business sales and purchases, including relating to gym franchises, motels, medical practices, and cafés/restaurants and bars
- Negotiating and advising a Landlord client on a Lease surrender and restructure
- Member of the New Zealand Law Society