Peter graduated from the University of Canterbury in 1965. He was with another Christchurch firm for more than 40 years, and joined Saunders Robinson Brown as a partner in February 2009.
Peter has significant experience in trust and estate matters, including succession planning and trust restructuring. Peter's background is largely in property, commercial and business matters, which often involved advice in respect of trust matters.
He also has considerable experience as a trustee of private and charitable trusts and is currently a trustee or director of several not-for-profit organisations.
Peter is a past President of the Canterbury District Law Society and was actively involved in Law Society matters over many years.
Some of Peter's recent work includes:
- Assisting with estate and asset planning
- Advising on resettlement of farm related trusts
- Acting for clients in respect of the formation of trusts
- Reviewing and advising on the structure of trusts
- Assisting clients and their advisors with succession planning
- Trustee of the Hohepa Homes Trust and Deputy Chair of the Canterbury Hohepa Homes Trust Board
- Past President of the Canterbury District Law Society
- Past Council Member of the New Zealand Law Society
- Trustee of several private and charitable trusts
- Member of the New Zealand Law Society