Mark graduated from the University of Canterbury in 1989, having first spent a number of years in the banking industry. He then spent 10 years working for legal firms in Auckland and Melbourne, doing a range of commercial and property work, before returning to Christchurch in 1999.
Mark then worked as a commercial property and conveyancing lawyer at another Christchurch law firm for two years before joining Saunders Robinson Brown as an associate in November 2001. He became a partner in April 2004.
He specialises in transactional property matters. Mark advises clients on the structuring of companies and other business entities. He also assists with the formation of trusts for both personal and business purposes.
Some of Mark's recent work includes:
- Assiting clients with the formation of trusts
- Advising clients on transactional property matters
- Advising clients on the structuring of companies and other business entities
- Drafting commercial leases
- Member of the New Zealand Law Society Property Law Section
- Board member of Age Concern Canterbury
- Code of Conduct Commissioner for the Canterbury Cricket Association
- Member of the New Zealand Law Society