Rebecca graduated from the University of Canterbury with a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. She joined Saunders Robinson Brown as a law clerk in February 2004 and was admitted to the Bar later that year.
In 2006 Rebecca moved to Melbourne, where she worked at Austock Property Management Limited. She later moved to London, where she spent three years working as in-house counsel for real estate firm Jones Lang LaSalle and communications company Alternative Networks.
Rebecca returned to Saunders Robinson Brown in June 2010 and was made a Partner in 2014. Within the Commercial Team Rebecca focuses on commercial law and assists clients with commercial property transactions, as well as leasing, and business sale and purchases.
In addition to transactional matters, Rebecca also advises clients on company law matters, including establishing and structuring companies and drafting ancillary documents such as shareholder agreements.
Some of Rebecca's recent work includes:
- Assisting a major commercial client with the acquisition of a Foodstuffs affiliated business
- Managing various commercial clients' property portfolios
- Assisting a hospitality client with a company restructure
- Assisting with refinancing for major commercial entities
- Advising clients on the acquisition and disposition of commercial properties
- Member of the New Zealand Law Society