Anna was admitted to the bar in 1998 after studying Law and Arts (Psychology) at the University of Otago. She spent two years working at the Crown Prosecutor’s office in Christchurch before moving to London in 2000. Anna spent the next three years in London working in the finance department of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, as well as in the in-house legal teams for Enron and its successor in the energy market, American Electric Power.
Anna returned to Christchurch in early 2003, and began working at Saunders Robinson Brown. She became a partner in April 2004 and was appointed Managing Partner in June 2017, a role she held until mid-2021. Anna advises clients on a wide array of commercial matters. She has a particular focus on company law and structuring, as well as commercial property matters. Anna also has expertise in advising clients on securities law compliance issues that arise in the course of commercial transactions.
Anna advises clients on all aspects of property development, from acquisition to the funding, subdivision and sale of subdivided properties. She also acts for a range of commercial property owners and has extensive experience in providing practical and commercially focused advice on leasing arrangements.
In addition to her general commercial expertise, Anna also has particular expertise in health related commercial matters, including structuring health entities and the drafting of complex health contracts and other documentation.
Some of Anna's recent work includes:
- Advising Partnership Health (Canterbury) on its amalgamation with another health entity
- Acting in respect of a major subdivision with in excess of 700 sections
- Acting in respect of major, high-end, residential developments, including assiting with financing, documentation, subdivision and sales
- Advising a statutory manager and later a receiver in respect of the sale of substantial and complex distressed assets
- Member of INSOL New Zealand
- Member of the Canterbury Women's Legal Association
- Former Chair of the Paparoa Street School Board of Trustees
- Current Member of the Paparoa Street School Board of Trustees
- Member of the New Zealand Law Society
- Member of the Commercial/Property Committee for the Canterbury-Westland branch of the New Zealand Law Society
- Member of RITANZ
- Committee member of Christchurch branch of Women in Restructuring and Insolvency
- Member of the Property Council