We can assist clients with specific Covid-19 related issues or concerns, as well as standard legal services.
Resource Centre - advice for Commercial clients, Business owners, Employers, Property owners/sellers and those who may have questions around Family issues or Trusts & Estates:
Click here for articles and resources to assist you.
How can we help you?
If you have any questions or concerns about how Covid-19 is impacting you or your business then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Specifically we can offer advice to clients on:
Employment and workplace matters:
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Sick leave and leave entitlements;
- Wage subsidies;
- Staff communication (eg. self isolation rules);
- Health & safety obligations;
- Employee redundancy or restructure processes which may be necessary down the track;
- Support and advice around the government’s economic package for businesses.
Business and commercial matters:
- Contract advice and obligations - including force majeure;
- Consideration as to solvent trading;
- Advice around restructuring options;
- Leasing - landlords and tenants.
- Care and shared parenting arrangements
Litigation and dispute resolution:
- Debt recovery options;
- Disputes with other parties;
- Advice where a claim or recovery action has been taken against you by another party.
- Advice on buying and selling property;
- Advice on approaching your Bank regarding Mortgage payments or repayment holidays;
- Mortgage obligations;
- Bidding at auctions remotely;
- Signing documents remotely;
- Kiwisaver and Homestart grant documents and using the same to buy property;
- Residential tenancy obligations.
Trusts & Estates:
- Enduring powers of attorney;
- Wills and estate planning;
- Trusts and asset protection.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Following are links to helpful information and resouces which you and your business may find useful:
Business.govt.nz – government information relating to Covid-19 and how it may affect your business.
The Canterbury Chamber of Commerce - Covid-19 support page for businesses.